Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2007

The land of wang

Things I'm not going to write about:

*How busy I am.

*How the wildfires make me want to camping. Not where they are, mind you, but because wood smoke makes me want to go camping. I should feel bad about feeling this way.

*How a student made me look stupid while I was being observed in class the other day.

*How a colleague pretty much refused to do work he's already been paid to do, which will make me look bad.

*How much I'm looking forward to getting out-of-town this weekend, but how panicked the missed time is making me.

*How little grading I've done on papers that came in a week ago. (None).

*How much I need to finish an article.

*How behind I am on blog commenting/reading.

*How I need to stop this list RIGHT NOW or will feel worse, not a little purged.

*How much I look forward to Lost every week. (no stress factors in that last comment).

Anyway, what I will say, however briefly, is that I've been enjoying these little Italian yogurts from Trader Joe's that come in pleasing little glass bottles.

Honey and I had a running joke about them because I wanted to try them for the bottles and she didn't think I'd like them because they are too "wangy." To translate: sour/overly yogurty, etc.

This is how it would go, "Honey do you think I'd like those yogurts?"

"No"

Ok, so it's not that funny, but we liked the patter. Then I saw them in apricot and I'm a bit of a fool for apricot, so I got them anyway. I really like them. They ARE wangy, but wangy in a good way.

So, I've had four of them at work so far and have been washing and displaying their little bottles. I can't decide how many little bottles is too many little bottles.

Here's what the little bottles look like:





Aren't they cute?

I also like the company's English translation of their blurb on the product:

"...[T]he traditional processing of the dense double layer yoghurt, where the ferments join the milk and pot after pot the unmistakable texture is achieved. Finally it is packed in its traditional glass pot Biospega."

I want to go to the place where the ferments join the milk. I'm guessing it's right in the center of the land of wang.

I have one "pot" on my desk and three others on my bookshelf right next to my woodblock Colosseum. At least I've got my vaguely Roman stuff together.



My conclusion, if I stay in the land of wang, I may be ok. At least there are cute little jars there.

2 comments:

WenWhit said...

Life is like a box of wang?

Suzanne said...

I'm a fool for anything apricot also. Now I'm craving a bit of that yogurt wang, which somehow sounds quite wrong when I say it.