Search This Blog

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Spork review: Wall-E

Ok, I won't effuse too much, but the first 30-45 minutes of Wall-E (and I think this despite the-really-full-of-kids-who-didn't-get-that-they-were-watching-a-silent-film theater) was some of the best filmmaking I've ever seen.  So, go see the movie.

I need to take a moment to do a special shout-out. The movie featured one of the best EVER scenes featuring a spork:

Wall-E collects things he finds interesting and takes them back to his "house." He finds a spork. When he goes to put it away, he has a collection of spoons on the right and a collection of forks on the left. After puzzling for a second, he places the spork between the forks and the spoons with great reverence.

Sporks deserve their own place and it should be special.

This maxim is NOT true of foons.

8 comments:

SassyFemme said...

I want to see it, but would rather wait until it's on On Demand, rather than pay theatre prices.

Sage said...

I need to go see this movie this week...I was too busy this weekend.

treecup said...

how did it rate after the first 30-45 minutes?

Shauna said...

Damn straight about sporks! Hubby and I saw it yesterday, and I got so excited when I saw that scene--I was gonna rush out and tell you to see it immediately just for the spork scene. I agree about that first half of the film. Really, really beautiful. :)

WenWhit said...

I've never even HEARD OF the movie... but the foon disclaimer tickled me mightily :)

Arnold said...

haha that was the funniest part of the movie, i also laughed when he finds the diamond ring, throws it away and keeps the box hahahaha

Goldie Blogs You Better! | Spork (the restaurant!) said...

[...] also, we totally got to use sporks for dessert. . . made me feel all Wall-e [...]

FRAN said...

OMG how amazing are sporks?