Search This Blog

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Business Balloon Sunday Pinch Hitter

Business Balloon note:  The ephemeral nature of business balloon will out.  eb took her blog down and with it all the balloons.  I've removed the links, but trust and believe that the baloons were there once, both interneterally and corporeally.  Where there once were links and, therefore, balloons, I've italicized.  Feel the loss with every italics.

The guvment of Houston Texas has let the people of America down.  eb brought me such joy.  Almost every week.

eb paid tribute to our wedding

Teresa and I even helped out

Then there was the 40th birthday tribute (complete with Elizabeth Mitchell--contented sigh)

2008 was a good year.  It had lots of business balloons.  (Other things happened, too, of course).

Then Houston went and messed things up

Here's the thing though, what Texas does wrong, Hawaii can help fix.  See we just got rid of the semi-Texas doofus in the White House.  Got ourselves a nice Hawaiian fellow in return.  Aloha and mahalo.

So, here's my contribution, straight out of Hilo.

mloa1

mloa2

Did I mention that this balloon was clean and accessible up close?  It sure was.

mloa3

I love me some Hawaii.  Happy ballooning my blog-ohana.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Balloons are soooo cool.

Happy Hawaii days. :)

eb said...

Thank you, thank you!!! This is awesome. I love balloons that are on the ground, it's like getting close to an elephant except the balloon can't trample you.

What a great balloon. I miss the balloons around here. It's just sad.

Teresa said...

To be honest with you, there are times when I wish L.A. would enact such an ordinance, but not because I dislike all business balloons, just the filthy ones that adorn many businesses in the area of town we live in. And I think the nylon windsock guys with the generators that shoot air up their ass to jerk them to and fro should be outlawed to the point of felony.

I think the trick is keeping the balloons low and accessible, like the Mauna Loa can, so that it can be easily washed and cared for, but the ML can didn't exactly bring visitors in from the highway, which, I think, is supposed to be the point of the gorillas on the roofs of car dealerships. Hard to say, though.