Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We're Back

We're back from San Francisco. Honey and I both have big plans for tripblogs. In the meantime, she has posted a picture of her hand.

I had a moment of weakness in Redwood City (who hasn't?) and spent teens of hundreds of American dollars on this:



Ignore the red seat bag. It's getting a new coordinated one today. Shall we look close-up? Yes, yes I think we should...



Did I mention that it has full Ultegra? What is Ultegra? It's Shimano's high end groupo that isn't race-weenie oriented. What's a groupo? The stuff that's not the frame. Are you bored yet? Here's proof of the Ultegra-ness of it all:



Ok, that's enough. It's a 2004 Lemond Zurich made of carbon and steel.

I'll write about pea soup tomorrow. That will be more interesting. But less pretty. Much less pretty.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely, but how ultegra was your interview with the provost??

Teresa said...

Mmm, nice cyclerotica. I live with the thing and I still lingered lovingly over the pics.

Suzanne said...

I used to be in love with my bike. That red seat bag would have coordinated great with it. But it's history. I gave it away to my neighbor's daughter who immediately peeled off the rainbow stickers adorning it.

Hope yours takes you as many great places as mine took me. :)

WenWhit said...

lol Scout.

Um, speaking from a connoisseur of Huffy and Schwinn-type bikes, it LOOKS pretty. And impressive.

Enjoy.

bryduck said...

Greg Lemond lives in Zurich? What's up with that?

sporksforall said...

Lemond bikes are named after famous riding places. I don't know why Zurich is famous. I have no idea where G.L. lives. I do like his bike, though.