Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

While I was Away

Not in South Carolina, but in meetings, today...

My old PC got taken away and replaced by a Mac. A glorious Mac.

When I started this job a little more than two years ago, they didn't think to ask me what kind of computer I wanted. They just ordered me a Dell. And I'm not a dude. I whined about it some. People felt bad.

In anticipation of my getting the job, our lovely college CFO (that's not her title, but that's what she does), ordered me a new Mac. Our college technical services department got it some time ago. At first they told me late July. Then August. Whatever.

They insisted on delivering the monitor. It's been taunting me from across the office. Actually, when the monitor arrived, I was alarmed and called the CFO.

Me: "It's huge!"

Her: "It's the middle sized one. Hold on... They come in 20, 23 and 32 inches. I didn't think you needed 32 inches."

Indeed, I did not. 32 inches would loom. 23 inches is huge, but I'm thinking of it is my big, friendly Mac face. Hi!



Mine's in the middle.

Now, if they could just manage to get my e-mail out of the PC and onto the Mac, I'd be happy. That and I'll need Firefox. And to adjust my mouse for the hugeness of the thing. But these things are mere trifles (the e-mail isn't actually, but no matter).

I may name it. I do know that my office is the better for it. A little bit of Apple joy will perk a Tuesday right up.

What brought you joy today?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

New curtains! Actually, new curtain singular. I'm still in the process of making them all. I can't sew, so I'm using loads of that ironing tape.

I'm way jealous of your monitor!

WenWhit said...

What size monitor does your Mac at home have? Will it be jealous? ;p

Making progress on the basement was my happy note for Tuesday. The little residual soreness is not worth mentioning. Oh wait, I mentioned it. Ah, well.

sporksforall said...

Oh, the home monitor is so small. This one would make it shake its teeny weeny little pixels.

weese said...

new shoes.

Slangred said...

Ooh, I'm full of joy knowing *someone* out there (weese) has new shoes. Happy New Shoes, Weese!

On another, more serious(?) note, I'm also full of joy (or at least hope) because Lamont took the CT Primary.

Anonymous said...

LUCKY!! I'm soooo jealous. Those employers of yours are nice!
ST

sporksforall said...

The moment weese posted about shoes, I knew it would make slang happy. Blog love all around.

The great people of California got me the monitor. Bless them.

SassyFemme said...

Oh very nice! I'm learning to like my Mac at work. What brought me joy today? Skipping out of work an hour early (after a nice long lunch out)!

bryduck said...

Nothing like a little Mac bigotry to get my IBM-bred hackles raised . . .
; )
Hmmm. All pale liquid diet and Fleet Phospho-Soda yesterday, getting up at 5 for another Fleet Phospho-Soda and a colonoscopy today? I think joy is going to wait . . .

Teresa said...

Knowing you're happy brings me joy. Too codependent?