Search This Blog

Friday, December 22, 2006

Bloggy Holidays

It's heresy to say this given the time of year, but the holiday spirit has eluded me in 2006.

Oh sure, I've bought gifts, and even wrapped some of them. But I just seem to be going through the motions.

Things may change when we arrive at my parents' house, I don't know.

When I dropped Biscuit off at the dog boarding place this morning, I wished the folks there a Merry Christmas. My favorite woman at the kennel said that they had to work all weekend. "It's just us and the dogs, though. No people for three days after this," she said brightly. Yep, lots of dogs for Christmas. Sounds fun to me.

My office was decorated nicely by my staff. We opted for the no-tradition route. Snowpeople and snowflakes. Because we work for the state, we can go that route or the inclusive one, wishing equally that people have nice Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, and whatever else. Solstice? We are in California after all. Still, however festive the snowpeople are, they haven't fostered (in me, at least) a spirit of the season. Honey and I haven't decorated because we're not going to be here. So, no fostering at home either.

Anyway, we're off to eastern realms tomorrow where I may borrow my Dad's santa hat (it's a nice one) and try to shake off the heretical blahs.

What I can say (and mean) is that I hope all my blog friends have a wonderful end of 2006. I may blog from the lands of peaches. I'm glad to have spent this year blogging and am deeply grateful to have connected to people this way.

To finish like the government employee I am, I end with the secular/no-tradition wish...

Happy Holidays and may your snowpeople stay frozen.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I don't think I'd want to spend the holiday weekend with other people's dogs, though I wouldn't mind spending it with the kennel folks—they're good people. But deep down, what I really, really want is to spend Christmas with Sporks, which, as it turns out, is totally within my reach!

Slangred said...

Merry Phristmas and a Happy Kew Year!

Suzanne said...

My snowpeople are imaginary so far this year. I feel so cheated.

I came over here looking for the promised picture of the Fantasy Football Blog League trophy. I'm particularly interested since it will evidently soon be living on my mantel, even though I didn't win it. Such is the burden of living with a champion.

Happy holidays, sporks. Enjoy the land of peaches!