Search This Blog

Friday, January 05, 2007

Croc tragedy

As my faithful readers know (all two of you), I heart me some Crocs™. I have navy and black Caymans. Here are Caymans:

I also have the ur-Crocs. Butter Beach:

Can you not tell the difference? Beach are wider than Cayman. Learn something new every day don't you?

It's winter here in Southern California. While the weather is weak and mild compared to many parts of these here United States (not to mention our friendly neighbors to the north), it's still cold. You shouldn't wear shoes with holes cold, at least. So I asked for the Crocs without the holes for Christmas. They're called Endeavors. I bought a pair in bright blue (and the wrong size like a total dork) on the way home from Las Vegas. I got a pair in khaki (in the right size) for Christmas.
For those of you not yet hip to the Croc phenomenon (and you know who you are), let me tell you that Crocs are comfortable right off the bat, but get better with age as the rubber shapes to your foot. I put on the Endeavors. I walked my parents' dog in the Endeavors. I sat around the house in the Endeavors. I did this without socks for the most part. Crocs and socks are not a look I like.

Ok...here's the tragedy...

Without the breathe holes...

Endeavor Crocs are not fun for feet. Little foot saunas. Actually, my size 11 shoes are big foot saunas.

I feel betrayed. Let down. Deep chasms of disappointment. I pictured myself teaching in Crocs next semester. I pictured year-round wear. I pictured wrong. Really wrong.

So, Croc converts and Croc resisters alike...go with Beach or Cayman. You'll thank me later. Gifts aren't necessary, but I do have my eye on Sage Beach. As soon as I sell the Endeavors on ebay...

6 comments:

WenWhit said...

Sweat or no sweat, the damned things are still ugly. The khaki color mitigates the ug-factor to some extent, but there's only so much mitigation one can apply to RUBBER shoes.

Holes or no holes, you'll still never see them thangs on MY feet.

Of course, I'm happy YOU enjoy them and I'm very sorry for your Endeavor disappointment.

weese said...

can't do it.
just can't do it.
cannot get myself to wear rubber shoes
(with the exception of the tall rubber boots I wear during fertilizer, pesticide and herbicide applications in the yard)
That said - we got an orange pair for my father in law for his birthday - he is dizzy happy about them.

Suzanne said...

You are selling your sweaty used foot saunas on ebay?

That's just wrong.
Even more wrong than rubber shoes. :)

sporksforall said...

People sell used shoes on ebay all the time. I take it you won't be bidding. Oh well. :)

Teresa said...

One pair was whimsical. The second was understandable, given the pleasure you took in the first. The third seemed over the top. And the fourth and fifth are just obsessive. Just because they make Crocs in several styles and dozens of colors doesn't mean you need them all. Besides, I keep tripping on them all over the house. Do border collies herd shoes?

KMae said...

I got hot pink crocs, love 'em.
They're bouncy!
Didn't know about the other types.
yea!