Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

If I admit I have a sickness, can I have what I want?

Ok, I have bag lust again. This is bad news, as I just bought a new bag a few months ago. I heart it still. It's a Chrome messenger bag with a seat belt buckle. It must be worn over the body. It can't be carried in the hand. It's impractical as such sometimes.

In addition to this bag, I have:

A custom Timbuk2 messenger bag in red/grey/ivory. It's nice, I like it. But I don't wear much red. I mostly use it to carry my clothes for after work bike rides on such days as I feel motivated to do them.

A large leather bag. It's nice. It's too big, though, and has no top handle.

A grey Timbuk2 that's a little frayed for my taste. It's got a vertical orientation and is a tidy size. On a recent business venture I used it. It felt a little shabby in context.

A very small yellow Timbuk2 bag. Small notebooks only in this one. Really, it's a purse. Shh. Don't tell it.

A black leather dealio my mother gave me. It would suit her terrifically well. I think it rather fussy.

All of which is to say, I would like a bag about the size of my worn and red Timbuk2 ones that would be suitable for occasions when I would prefer not wearing a seatbelt over my shoulder.

I have found the bag. It costs too much.



Plus, if you've been counting along, I currently have six bags which I deem unsuitable. And I'm not counting backpacks (shudder) or the two bags made for carrying a computer which I use on the rare occasion when I, um, carry a computer.

Here's what's perfect about it. It's small, but big enough for a full sized notebook. It's black and tan. Mostly, I love the Eames design. I'm a bit of a fool for mid-century modern. (I love Arts and Crafts, too, but I don't know how you could make a Greene and Greene bag). So, the Eames thing is a real turn-on for me.

Do I need it? No.

Do I want it? Lustfully.

So...what to do? *Sigh*

3 comments:

WenWhit said...

At least it isn't made of rubber, like those damn shoes.

weese said...

- search the internets for a better price.
- wait for a sale.
- save money on something else to justify its purchase.

Teresa said...

She, by the way, has absolutely no trouble buying gifts for me. Constantly. For no occasion whatsoever. She should be more generous with herself. She deserves nice things.