Search This Blog

Monday, April 17, 2006

Devil ducks

My Honey and I split a six pack of teeny devil ducks some time ago. This weekend, I bought them a very large companion devil duck. He is black with orange horns, tail, and beak. I bought him at Rhino records in Claremont.

Claremont is far from where I live, but I really like it. Its downtown is a few blocks of cute, but not precious, stores including two places with really good hamburgers, one with really good ice cream, and Rhino. This Rhino isn't closing, unlike its cousin the Westwood Rhino.

I think of the entire Inland Empire as a drive through on the way to something, but I like Pomona and Claremont and see why people want to live there. The Claremont colleges are all so collegey and people actually wished me Happy Easter as I purchased things. I mean people with record store attitude. Wishing me Happy Easter. While I'm standing there with a large devil duck.

3 comments:

Slangred said...

Yeah, one of my coworkers started an art gallery in the little artwalk district of Pomona; bryduck and I went to her opening and Pomona seemed like it had some interesting stuff going on.

I haven't been in Claremont since 1985, when I spent a night there in the dorms to see how much FUN it would be to attend Harvey Mudd. When my student-buddy for the night explained that sometimes everyone would get REALLY CRAZY and pile into someone's car for a trip to Yum Yum Donuts, I knew Mudd wasn't for me.

Teresa said...

Someone rearranged the mini devil ducks on top of my monitor at work, which intrigues me. Someone walked into my office and just rearranged them, leaving all else untouched. Or maybe the devil ducks have the power to rearrange themselves. Hmm.

bryduck said...

Scout, I think it was the rabbit. 'Nuff said, methinks.