Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Doing

This morning I got up to work-out. As promised, I got my honey up too. I started working out and just didn't have it in me. My legs hurt, my head hurt. None of it was acute, but I felt restless and a little nauseated.

I've not gotten much done at work today. I have stuff to do. I should do it.

AD told me that I was "a good boss" today because I told her that because she worked so hard, she should just take a day off soon. She told me that my predecessor had denied her some comp time when she was very pregnant because she hadn't gotten it approved before hand. It's the kind of thing I would never do. She knows it. I know it.

My predecessor can be righteous in her sense that people should do what they should do. I gather she looked over people's shoulders more than I do. So my predecessor's efficiency lurks. And it is fighting with my ennui today. I'm pretty sure ennui will always lose a fight.

I can't get into the week, truth be told. I came in late Monday. Today I haven't worked very hard.

Things I've done instead of working:

Bought Angels tickets for a game in September

Re-read parts of my blog

Written this blog entry

Tried to find this IHE (and then my two almas mater) on U.S. News and World Report's ranking of colleges. Results: Third tier, #85, and #3 or #25 (what they're ranked in varies, but there they are).

Gone to the student union to get a ticket to an event tomorrow.

Went from the student union to the bookstore to buy my nephew a IHE t-shirt. My brother insists on giving everybody Yale crap (#3 on the scale my almas mater ranked #25 and #85 above, but who's bitter? Not me.). Thusly, I'm blanketing their asses with crap from Third Tier U.

Rode bike of the week back to my office. It's windy as hell. And I'm slightly sweaty.

Did some business on the phone. Which included succeeding in getting a meeting cut short so I can go the event I got a ticket for tomorrow.

Ok, I've written enough that I now feel guilty. I'm sure AD needs to talk to me about sumpin. I'll wander in her office. It will make me feel SOOOO productive.

Feel free to tell me what non-productive things you did today in the comment field. Most ennui wins. Or loses. Whatever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think blogger wins (or loses) -- when I tried to post a reply yesterday the server was down.

Teresa said...

Oh, OK, lessee, Wednesday I went to therapy, after which I should go straight to work, 'cause I'm doing therapy on the clock, after all. Instead I stopped by home and ate a bowl of cereal and made some coffee since I hadn't had time to do so before my appointment. Then I went to work, where I'm sure I wasted plenty of time, but I can't remember how with any specificity being that Wednesday was now 48 hours ago. Who can remember that far back?

bryduck said...

Since I'm late to this party I won't even try to remember how I wasted time last week. Today I slept, drove to work, and posted. Now I'm commenting on everyone else's blogs that I've neglected for a week. The real wasted time has come via my obsession with finding a Waldi, of course.