Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Some gambling tips

While in Las Vegas, I discovered a new game I like called "Lucky Lemmings."

If you go to the bonus round, lemmings jump off a cliff and you get money.

Makes sense to me.




I also like Wild Wilderness. It's camping themed. There is nothing more antithetical to camping than Las Vegas.



I gave a talk about a year ago about Las Vegas and a woman came up to my afterwards and told me I should get outside more. I didn't actually hit her. I wanted to. I thought about her while playing Wild Wilderness.

My other technique in L.V. this weekend was anti-Yankee. Always bet against the Yankees.



For those not keeping score:

Sunday May 14:
A's 6
Yankees 1
Sporks $20

Monday May 15
Rangers 4
Yankees 2
Sporks $15

Your mileage may vary. Anti-Yankee, pro-lemming, pro-camping. I should admit that I lost money on the last two. But I had fun doing it. But that anti-Yankee thing will work every time. Then again, maybe not.

My Dad says the best way to not lose money is to not gamble. But then you can't see the lemmings bouncing off the whales or the bear stealing the car.

4 comments:

bryduck said...

Not gamble? That's just crazy. Of course, I won relatively big last time, so I'm all for it these days. I'm sure when I go next I'll go down in flames, shifting my perspective just a bit. I want to see the lemmings!

Teresa said...

There's something a bit too winking and knowing about a lemmings-themed LV game. Hey, buddy, come jump off this cliff—there's loot at the bottom! And the lemmings' theme music was wacky and haunted my dreams. Still, it was awfully fun to watch them dive into the water.

sporksforall said...

The lemmings theme didn't haunt me as much as your "hooting" over "Hoot Loot" or the Calypso music from "Goldfish."

WenWhit said...

Betting against the Yankees is a GREAT LV activity. :)