Search This Blog

Friday, November 17, 2006

SportsCenter Blues

So, Honey is sleeping in a chair. And she keeps saying that I don’t want her to come back to the bed because I like watching SportsCenter on ESPN to fall asleep to. I told her yesterday that I would give up SportsCenter forever if she would come back. I wrote a song about it. It sounds ok in my head, but I’m sure the meter on it is just shit. Still, it has all the classic elements: abandonment, sports, and dogs. Oh and hope. It also has hope. ☺


SportsCenter Blues

My sweet baby loves me truly,
Woo-woo
But she’s been sleepin’ in the chair
Mmm Hmmm
Her back ain’t so good no more, nooo
And the bed hurts her sumpin fierce

So late at night I lie there
All alone and sad
Watching on the tee vee
About the sports of ball

Base and foot are best
Though girls’ hoops is
Ok too

Spare me the hockey
And those stupid cars
Going round and round and round
MMM HMM

Who do I have for solace?
Well my good old Biscuit dog
She’s all black and spaniel soft
But it ain’t like my sweet girl

Now those Relax the Back
Folks seemed nice
Til they took my girl away
Now all I got is SportsCenter
And things just ain’t the same.

Someday she’ll come back to me
That sweet girl of mine
And then I’ll give up teevee
And lie in her arms
Dreaming of sports no more.

Woo-Woo.


5 comments:

Teresa said...

If I get Emily Saliers to strum behind you, will you PLEASE sing that to my face? *wipes tears of laughter from face; also maybe just a little bit of drool*

Suzanne said...

Surely such a sweet song will entice Scout back to the bed, sore body and all.

"Those relax the back folks seemed nice til they took my girl away ....." LOLOL

Middle Girl said...

Sweet. So very sweet.

SassyFemme said...

Oh that's sweet!

WenWhit said...

LMAO
No points for rhyme, but excellent use of song-writing elements as well as employing art to reflect life. :)