Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Woman bites dog!

Oh wait, it's the other way around. On my right hand/wrist. Stitches, tetanus shots, and antibiotics that give me gas, a few days healing, and I am on the mend.

Yes indeedy, I got bitten by a dog. No, Biscuit didn't bite me. It was another dog. It's a yucky and unhappy story, which I will spare the few of you that read this blog thang. Typing is a little less than fun given where the stitches are.

Here are some facts:

Number of Doctors who stitched me up named like an orange drink: 1

Name? Tang

Did it make you want some Tang? Yes, yes it did.

Number of stitches: 6

Number of places on arm stitched: 2

Days on antibiotics: 7

How gassy do they make me? Very

So I'm bruised and gassy, how many people are glad I'm not going to Sassy's gathering? More now than before

Number of dogs in household currently: 1

Number of times she's tried to bite me: Once

Why? Steak bone

Number of steak bones she's gotten since: 0

Does she ever get human food? Yes

What? Pancakes

Really? Yes, Honey makes her one big dog pancake every time we have them.

Does she bite over pancakes? Nope

So what does she do for pancakes? All her "puppy school" tricks

Does she do those tricks others times? Not usually

Sound like you're a good trainer: Thank you




She's a fine animal, my Biscuit dog. Yes she is.

8 comments:

Slangred said...

I'm sorry you got bitten, and gassy. I have never been bitten by a dog, but I imagine it hurts and is scary. I have been gassy and don't like that much.
I hope I'll hear the story at some point when you feel like telling it.
And Biscuit is the cutest pup. Maybe, in light of her pancake predilection, you can call her Bisquick instead?
Guess not.

WenWhit said...

Your Biscuit dog is simply precious. I adore her, from across the country. And I am SO impressed that you managed to get a picture of her sitting still :P

I've had a couple of dog bites in my lifetime. Both left scars, but neither required stitches. WHY are you so high maintenance??? :P

Be well, my friend, and soak up the Biscuit love.

Middle Girl said...

Sorry about the bite and the stiches. -ouch-

Biscuit is a cutie and a charmer I'm sure. :)

KMae said...

That is a beautiful dog! I grew up with one just like her that my mother named Charcoal. Grandma called her Charky.

I can't got to Conn to Sassy's either. Im sad about not meeting everyone. ratz.

SassyFemme said...

Ouch! So sorry you got bit and you're hurting! Biscuit is a-freakin'-dorable!

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Wherein I normally don't get to hear about someone's gassiness and appreciate it, this was damned funny. Thank you!

Suzanne said...

Biscuit is a fine dog. I feel sad for you and the other dog that bit you. I wonder if taking a bite out of you gave her gas?

I wish you had been at Sassy's. We missed you!

Teresa said...

I feel responsible for reasons obvious to anyone who reads my blog. I hope that doesn't seem too much like an attempt to hijack my honey's traffic. I didn't post a link or anything (though you can click on my name and link that way!).

Sporks was very, very brave through it all. Truly. She done herself proud.