Search This Blog

Monday, February 26, 2007

Scout's dog Scout

The dog bite stitches are now exposed to the world. I may just cut them out myself. No sign that they're going to dissolve. When I had my appendix out, shortly after graduating from college, they used staples. When I went to have them removed, the doctor just took what looked like a butter knife and lifted them out. Easy come, easy go.

My anxiety level when new pets are acquired is high. I didn't really need that phrase in the middle of there. My anxiety level is high.

But...

Honey and I talked and we talked some more and she really wanted a dog of her own. Which is somewhat unlike Virginia Woolf's concept. So, we went and looked at dogs. After the "dog bite incident," which was the result of adopting a dog from the pound, we decided to go to a different non-profit rescue. They temperament test the dogs. That's a good thing. No more visits to Dr. Tang. At least no more dog-caused visits to Dr. Tang.

Tang the drink is tasty, though.

Scout's dog Scout arrives next weekend. He'll be the only boy in our household. We can't have him until then, so he can become slightly less boy than he is now.

I can't wait.

9 comments:

Teresa said...

Yes, yes, you show off, you are a much faster thinker and writer than I am. Hence I have just gotten around to posting about the biter and you've already jumped ahead to posting about little Scouty, who's so cute I could just lick the computer screen. Gah, kill my narrative tension, why don't you!

WenWhit said...

This is a damned funny post, Sporks. If I didn't know better, I'd wonder if you were still "totalling tee" LOL

Don't get your panties/boxers/briefs (dear God, don't tell me you go commando...) in a wad, Scout. We'll look forward to the 1300-word version too.

weese said...

does the 1300 word version come with pictures? because you know a picture is worth a thousand words...so really we'll only need 300.

sporksforall said...

The 1300 word version could come with pictures, but until we pick him up tomorrow, we've only got the one. And I used it. So, if Scout uses it, too, it will only be worth 500 words each.

het (aka quickfit) said...

thats one ickle cute dog

alice, uptown said...

But will Scout the dog eat Tang the drink? Is it even on the market?

Slangred said...

Scout is a cute pup! I can't wait to meet him. He looks like he's really sweet.
Congratulations on your new family member.

Middle Girl said...

Congratulations on the acquisition of your slightly less boy pup.

He's a terrific looking fella. :)

KMae said...

OHHHH SOOOO CUUUUUUTTTTEEE!