Search This Blog

Friday, December 07, 2007

Foam

I usually drink lattes when I seek Starbucks in the morning. I've been seeking Starbucks in the morning more often than I should, what with the demise of Coke Blak. My stash lasted until Monday. I toasted Coca-Cola with my last one and have been in mourning since.

I'm also a little bored with my Starbucks patterns. Order latte in tall or grande, add shot to number Starbucks think is appropriate. Drink. Feel a little guilty about spending $4 on coffee.

This morning I ordered a cappuccino. It was tasty. It still cost $3.25. At the end of it, I looked into the bottom of the cup and there was a lot of really pretty foam. I looked at it a while. I tipped the cup up to try to get it to come to me. Then, I looked around, a little like that shifty eyed dog in the cartoons.





I stuck my hand down in the cup and scooped out the foam. I licked each finger and my palm.

Then, as if I had done nothing untoward, I arose from my chair, went to the office kitchen, threw away the cup and washed my hands.

6 comments:

WenWhit said...

Not so far from my own habit of swiping out the insides of bowls with my fingers, or - as Suzanne can certainly attest - licking the last vestiges of whatever yumminess remains on my plate. I'm incorrigible.

And hey, at Starbucks' prices, you're entitled to every last foaming drop.

Shan said...

Hey. Buy yourself a pound of Starbucks Espresso (or not Starbucks Espresso, but buy some espresso), make it in your auto drip coffee pot, and get one of those battery-powered Bodum foamer thingies! Heat a little milk in the micro or on the stove, and voila. Homemade Latte. I'm doing it every morning and it's so close to the Starbucks retail experience. Just don't start looking at espresso machines online. DON'T.

Suzanne said...

Did anyone observe this act? :)

The foam is the best part. Good on you for not wasting it!

Deborah said...

mmmmmm...good to the last drop. yep yep.

SassyFemme said...

Foam is quite yummy and should never be wasted!

Teresa said...

Feh. You've witnessed me shamelessly doing the same with the little drip-plops of egg salad that inevitably result from said substance sandwiched between two pieces of bread. Milk-foam scooping seems far more respectable and slightly less messy. Thumbs up.