Search This Blog

Friday, December 28, 2007

The White Elephant is Knocking

...On your door! Won't you answer? She's friendly. See her early efforts here and here and here. Somebody take the unclaimed stuff!

Anyway, the elephant is big, she's white, and she made it to sporksforall.

For your consideration today, I offer a trio of pet themed frames. I love all four of our pets and have pictures of them in my office. Full disclosure: I only have pictures of Halo and Biscuit in my office. Scout feels slighted, I'm sure, especially given his legal troubles. Calif couldn't be reached for comment. Anyway, well-meaning people see my animal pictures, especially my rather large one of the late Red dog. These folks know I love my pets. And what self-respecting pet-owner companion to animals would not want desire heart with all her soul animal-themed frames?

Animal-themed frames almost inevitably feature paws. I like paws as a theme. We have a paw-themed door mat that I like. For some reason, though, I can't get my head around paw-themed frames.

Herewith, therefore, on offer...



Paw frames.

We have two of dog and one of cat. One of the dog ones and the cat one are a matched set, though I suppose I should mention, should you have regifting on your brain, only the cat frame includes a box. Cats are like that.





If you don't have a pug or a somewhat power-hungry looking white cat, never fear, these function as regular frames and the sample pictures above can be replaced with your own pictures of your own pets!

The most extraordinary of the trio is the "Doggie" frame. What's not to like about a bejeweled frame? Despite the jewels (or perhaps because of them?!), the effect is what can only be called "classy."



Nice, huh?

Now, I'm sure some of you are speciesist in your households. Cats but no dogs, dogs but no cats. I will consider splitting the frames up on that basis and that basis alone. Let me be clear, though...if you take one dog frame, you get both. If you want one dog and one cat, you have to take all three.

As with the fugly clock, feel free to insult these and not claim them. Someone, however, should feel moved to take them. Think how paw-rific your house/apartment can be!

The rules for white elephant are simple...claim the frames and I'll send them to you. All that's asked in return is that you offer something up on your blog (or Teresa can host it for you, should you be blog free) and be willing to ship it off to whosoever requests it. Full rules can be found here!

Paws paws paws paws, paws paws paws paws...

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I think it's notable that while the non-jeweled dog frame commands the subject variously to sit, fetch, shake, and roll over, the "matching" cat frame merely says "Here kitty, kitty, kitty" over and over and over and over. I guess if you can't get your cat to do the one thing you ask, you never get to move on to new vistas of feline-human communication.

In a vacuum, a frame seems like a perfect gift for someone you might not know very well, but in reality I've liked only a few of the many frames that have been given to me over my lifetime. Maybe we just shouldn't exchange gifts with people we don't know very well; this end-of-year madness has to stop somewhere, and if you're giving gifts to your dentist, you passed that somewhere quite a ways back.

the misanthrope said...

I don't want need beautiful picture frames, but you or Teresa are more than welcomed to write for Toner Mishap, anytime.

Suzanne said...

See here, sporks. No one wants those frames any more than you do. They are tacky tacky tacky. There's nothing to be done with them but to add them to the local landfill and walk away empty handed. I'm so sorry.

Come on over and take a look at my white elephant offering.... I can't risk consigning it to the landfill and absolutely MUST find a taker...

SassyFemme said...

If I didn't already have a digital frame I would actually love those frames for my office.

I never got around to doing the white elephant thing. Maybe next year, or maybe for spring cleaning.