Search This Blog

Monday, October 16, 2006

Cheese states

I'm making my way to Milwaukee. I'm flying on what I have been referring to as "cookie airline." It's really Midwest Air. They serve fresh baked cookies. Mmm.

It will be my second trip to Milwaukee. Same conference. Different year. I am sure I will revisit some highlights. My favorite thing last time will be sought out again. What is it?

Why, it's cheese shaped like Wisconsin.



I regret that the Brewers will not be playing. I have always wanted to see the sausage guys.



It would also allow me to tick off a ballpark. I would like to see a game at each MLB park someday. My current list is mighty small:

1. Atlanta (2 stadiums)
2. Los Angeles
3. Anaheim
4. Queens
5. Baltimore (2 stadiums)
6. North side Chicago
7ish. (I may have gone to Cincinnati as a child. I can't remember. Don't think it counts)
8lessthanish. (Can I count RFK if I saw a pre-season game there before the Nats existed? I kinda think not.)

Anyway, have a good week. I'll eat some schnitzel for you. Anyone wanting a Wisconsin-shaped cheese should speak soon. I can only carry back so many states, those suckers are heavy...

6 comments:

WenWhit said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh, I LOVE cheese. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...

Number 8 definitely not countablish. Jury's still deliberating Number Seven.

When one is flying the Midwest (even if it does bump Canada), one must certainly take Midwest Air. The fresh-baked cookies are just a bonus!

Teresa said...

Wisconsin-shaped cheese is a sentimental favorite for me. It was one of the first gifts, if not the first gift, my partner ever gave me, maybe before we were even girlfriends. If you'll excuse me now, I have to go sing a chorus of "The Way We Were."

whispers said...

please, please, do not eat the airport cheese...find a roadside cheese shop or something but do not eat the waxbound shaped cheese. As a lifelong Wisconsinite, that stuff is an embarassment.

sporksforall said...

Thanks Cris. Scout and I were just discussing last night how bad the Wisconsin shaped cheese had been. I found it amusing, but not cheesily satisfying. I will seek out better cheese elsewhere. Perhaps, pictures of the state ones will suffice this time.

weese said...

um, no mention of what KIND of cheese it is?
or is that just a given.
give me a break, I'm an italian from the east coast.
you know...peccorino, regianno parmigianna,maybe some provalone

Suzanne said...

mmmmmm cheddar... or better yet, white cheddar.

Have a safe trip, sporks!