Search This Blog

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thorn karma

Post before last I mentioned, in a really off-hand way, a stretch of mountain bike path Honey calls, "thorn row."

I haven't been riding my mountain bike much lately. That's because my road bike has a siren call.

I rode Tuesday (after posting). Wednesday morning I had a flat. From a thorn. From the paved bike path.

I changed my tube.

Today I went for a ride. I was 2/10 of a mile in. Front tire? Flat. Why? Thorn. Paved bike path.

I am sorry thorn row. I did not mean to mock you. I have sacrificed two tubes. I will never call your name again. I fear you and that is as it should be. Accept my penance for you are mighty and I am weak.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Thorn row is the devil. I've said it before and I'll say it as many times as I must to keep our children safe from its deflating ways. Those thorns are shaped like horns for a reason.

Suzanne said...

Let's look at the bright side: thorn row is offering the opportunity to develop expertise in flat tire repair.

There is great value in being your own pit crew. I don't think I could change the tube in a bike tire without assistance.

WenWhit said...

I can!

Ornthay Owray sucks.