Search This Blog

Friday, September 22, 2006

An ill wind

It's cool today in the valley. And it smells fresh. There's no smog layer and a wind is blowing through the well-maintained palms out my window. Palms must be maintained.

As lovely as it all is, the palms dance on a wind of dark tidings. Earlier today I rode my bike down to the other end of campus and got bike grease on my green pants.

It seemed a bad sign. I got it off with dish soap. That's my weese-esque tip...bike grease is no match for Dawn. Still.

When I smell the wind or see glimpses of what it means, certain characters appear in my mind's eye. They aren't letters. They aren't most punctuation marks. They drift in and out of my sight.

Wouldn't it be better, I think, if it were a dark and stormy night.

Best to ride away. Far away.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I'm thinking of a new career writing melodrama.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Or not. :)

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Was the wind coughing? Does it need some Dayquil?

You had me wondering what the bike grease was a portent of. Come to find out, nothing! Bwahahahaha.

weese said...

good call on the Dawn detergent.
i would have done the same!
you are a clever gal.

Suzanne said...

Good timing on the weese-like hint. A certain someone got hamburger grease all over her favorite t-shirt this weekend. We won't mention who. Suffice it to say it's a good thing she's already the Laundry Queen!

Grease is often the portent of an ill wind. Hope yours blows through quickly and without knocking down any trees.

WenWhit said...

Only my girl would work my messy eating habits into a comment. I am SO special.

This was a cute post, Sporks. No, wait, not cute. Cute would be like happy little bluebirds and bunnies and shit. This was a portentious publication. *Shiver*