Search This Blog

Sunday, September 10, 2006

When footballs go

Last night, Biscuit had some sustained football time while Honey and I chatted online. Several times I took time out from the chat to squeak the football vigorously and throw it. Once I even used a small commemorative baseball bat from 1998 that I found while looking for something else last week to hit it for her.

This morning, the football had lost its squeak. She was delighted, as ever, to get it, but then I heard this anemic wheezing from it. She kept trying, kept getting the anemic wheezing, kept trying.

I went and got the back-up squeak toy, which is a green swirly ball thing.



When I handed it to her, she dropped the football like yesterday's news and began to squeak her NEW best friend. I picked up the football to return it to its high shelf and heard the squeak technology slopping around inside it. It may be that I broke it by hitting it with the bat.

If I were a superstitious person, I would think that because I have baseball tickets today on the first big day of the football season... Well, it would all not bode well for my fantasy football team, should I spin the thought out. Plus, I didn't even get Michael Vick, which was one of the league rules. My week 1 opponent did.

I'll get her a new football and maybe I'll get her the football colored one this time. The spiral ball will do for now.

Happy start of football season and baseball playoff hunt. May all your squeaks be sharp and not wheezy.

9 comments:

WenWhit said...

*squeak*

Teresa said...

Hmm, interesting. Whacking a football with a baseball bat, going to a baseball game on the first day of football season. Football loses squeak, fantasy football team tanks, baseball team wins. I think you have something here. What else can we do to fuck with football?

Slangred said...

I know! We can scramble the teevee signals so games can't be televised every hour of every day of the weekend (or at least that's how it already feels to me...)
Or howzabout we change the rules so that pro-football now must incorporate the use of a baseball bat at some point in the game (they can punt it over the goal for the extra point, say)?

Suzanne said...

scout, don't you have something better to fuck with other than football?

sporksforall said...

*Raises Hand*

weese said...

fun with sports ...

WenWhit said...

Or Sporks.

weese said...

ha..good one wendy.
sporks, sports whatever it takes.

sporksforall said...

Yay! Fun! Involving me!