Search This Blog

Friday, July 21, 2006

100 (posts)

I've reached a milestone. One I'm surprised to have reached, frankly. When I started this thang, I thought I would abandon it. I started it for very different reasons than I continue it now. But that's a good thing, I think. If our expectations don't change, then the phenomenon itself becomes rote and uninteresting. Which is why I sometimes wonder why I still watch teevee. Speaking of which, I'm remembering that 100 episodes is what shows need to get to for syndication. Woo. Next on WGN: whatever on fire! Starring sporks. Woo.

Some other thoughts about 100s and centuries:

My Honey calls 100 Kilometers a "pussy century" on a bike (since it's less than 100 miles). The day I can ride 100K, I'll be one happy pussy.

100 is old for people. Sentinel the tree must think people are pussies.

(Aside: I should stop using "pussy" in this post).

The Roman emperor Agrippa died in the year 100 (C.E./A.D. depending on how anti-Jesus you want to be).

(Aside 2: Agrippa reminds me of the game my friend Rachel and I played while we lived in Rome in college where we did the ancient Rome soap opera. Think heavy Southern accents here, "Agrippina, you get your butt over here. Have you been sleeping with Claudius again? That boy is NO Good.")

Imayavaramban Nedun-Cheralatan was King of the Chera in the year 100. Whoever in the hell he is and wherever in the hell that is.

(Aside 3: Is "hell" better than "pussy"? I think so.)

Ty Pennington is #100 on the Forbes list of Top 100 celebrities. Now that's good to know (not).

There is no #100 on the U.S. News and World Report college ranking because 7 Universities are tied at 97. Then four more are tied at #104.

Caitlin S. on her Yahoo page would like to know what she should buy with $100. I think she should get herself 79 euros. They're prettier.

France bought 100 million half-Euro coins from Spain in 2001. They must be worth something. Caitlin could actually get 158 of those. 158 half-Euros! A girl can dream.

100 leagues (as in under the sea) is 555.6 kilometers. So 100 leagues is really pussy. Of course if I were riding my bike under the sea...
1. the steel would rust, and
2. it would be harder, which might make it less pussy.

I should stop this post. It's beginning to not bode well for the next century.

Watch for me soon on an unaffiliated channel near you. I'll be the spork with the Euros.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

This post could use more pussy.

sporksforall said...

Pussy pussy pussy pussy

Pussy pussy pussy

Fuck

Hell

Pooter

Pussy.

Teresa said...

Congrats on post #100, Sporks o' mine! That's no pussy accomplishment! Here's to hundreds more.

Anonymous said...

did your #100 post happen to coincide with your 100+ heat marks there is SoCal?! 119 in fracking Woodland Hills?! That's crazy. We were whining about 104 last week in Tejas...

sporksforall said...

It was 105 last night at 9pm! The world is going to end. Fo sho. And if I were picking ways for it end, boiling me to death would be one of the last I'd choose.

WenWhit said...

A hunerd posts! Wahl, that-there is one impressive 'complishment, Missy. I's sure as shootin' lookin' ferward to a whole bunch more.

An' there ain't nuthin' better than pussy. Sheesh.

bryduck said...

Congrats on hitting the century mark, as they say in sportsland. Your prolificness will catch up to mine in no time, at this rate. No comment on the amount of pussy here at all.