Search This Blog

Friday, July 14, 2006

What's wrong with me?

I just bought...

Katherine McPhee's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" on itunes.

I tried to make myself feel better by buying a song by The Killers, too. But then I reminded myself I bought it because I heard it on Rock Star: Supernova and I felt wrong all over again.

Really. Somebody tell me. What wrong with me? One possible answer: I'm a pop culture whore.

What's the worst thing you've bought on itunes or in the record store?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that neither of these songs is the most embarrassing thing I've bought on itunes. By a long shot. Share out in comments and I might fess up to worse.

3 comments:

Slangred said...

I've never yet bought a song on itunes, since hubby has credit to burn and so he does the dirty work for me.

However, I have bought CDs from hearing songs on The OC and Grey's Anatomy. I see your Rock Star and raise you two just-as-pop-cultury shows.

Oh, and how about Eva Cassidy? I read an article about her years ago and promptly bought 3 CDs. I only like one, but I do like it!

Hubby has a CD of old, bad 70s songs --anyone for "Seasons in the Sun" or "The Night Chicago Died?" He got it as the bonus CD to a set of TimeLife "Sounds of the Seventies" which he bought AS A JOKE for a friend. Ever since he told me he had it, I always want to hear it! (I just asked him what it was called and when he pulled it off the shelf, I had him play it while I type. I'm currently "Dancing in the Moonlight" courtesy of King Harvest. Groovy.)

And, saving the best for last, one of the first vinyl LPs I ever purchased was Cheryl Ladd's eponomously titled album. I thought "Lady Grey" was a super pretty song. (I just Googled her and found that a cassette of her album went on ebay for a stunning winning bid of two bucks!)

Unknown said...

"Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera. I really don't like that woman, but man is that a great song.

bryduck said...

All of the music I have ever purchased has been brilliant. How dare you suggest that I might--oh, wait a minute, how did Loverboy's "Turn Me Loose" get in there? And Frida's "(I Know) There's Something Going On"? Michael Jackson's "Ben"? Never mind . . .