Search This Blog

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weekend revelations

or...

It's hot AND Sporks got the "nice camera" out.

Towit:

I don't like it when it's 119 degrees. It's fucking hot.
That is all that need be said about that.

Now, I have a few thoughts that have nothing to do with the heat. Honey and I did observe that when it's this hot, it's hard not to talk about how hot. Like every time you walk outside, you have to exclaim all over again about how hot it is. That's it, no more hot talk.

As to getting the nice camera out...

Jezebel was over. Biscuit wasn't sure what she thought.



I am (sure that is). Jezebel is very cute. Hurt your molars cute. Did you know she has her own website? Yeppers.



Another thing that's cute? Biscuit with her summer haircut. (Notice the random Teva sitting behind her. That's where those shoes went last night).



Speaking of shoes, I may have purchased my very favoritest pair ever today. Behold:




Dooce
and her husband have this big thing going in her blog over his version of the same shoes. As much as I like Dooce's blog, I'm coming down on the side of righteousness. And that, my friends and neighbors, is the clog side.

Speaking of what's right and just...I really like how my stuffed rhino looks in my pearls.



Did you know that rhinos are nice and hippos are mean? I always thought the reverse. Hippos are generally thought to be the most dangerous animal in Africa.

And that is why rhinos wear pearls. To show how nice they are. Much nicer than hippos.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I happen to agree that Jezebel is hurt your molars cute, but then I'm her mom.

You didn't mention her insistence that Biscuit was a "kitty." I'm sure how biscuit felt about that!

WenWhit said...

Cute molar-paining kid: A+
Biscuit's haircut: A
Adherence to Shoe Placement Protocol: D
Bizarro rubber-cloggish footwear: C+
Pearls: Priceless

Suzanne said...

I can't decide who is cuter, Biscuit or Jezebel.

We enjoyed a lovely day, low humidity and almost cool. We talked about the lack of heat. It was a nice change.

I'd rather go barefoot in winter than wear those new shoes of yours. Still, I'm certain they'll look lovely with your pearls. Enjoy!

sporksforall said...

Ok, first the pearls belong to the rhino. I've given them to her.

Second, Biscuit's happy to be a kitty.

Third, I am adhering fundamentally to MY shoe placement protocol.

Best shoes ever.

Slangred said...

Good to see the plastic shoes are making a comeback--not. I had some jelly sandals, and a pair of (turquoise) jelly pumps in high school. Yes, I was infected by the 80s. Besides plastic shoes, I sported at various times: Madonna hair, strategically ripped shirts, black lace-up boot shoes, and various other accoutrements of that era. I will officially go on record and declare the 80s the worst decade fashion-wise that I have thus far lived through!

Jezebel is beautiful. Biscuit is very smart in her summer 'do, and rhinos in pearls are a sight to behold.

sporksforall said...

The shoes are rubber.

Sigh.

Teresa said...

Sorry your clogs are taking such a beating, sweetums. At least Wen graded your SPP adherence lower than your shoes. Whew!

KMae said...

I got bright pink ones. grin.

bryduck said...

Clearly the most important part of this post was the rhino/hippo distinction. Personally, I think hippos used to be nice, until all the people wanted to have their pictures taken with the nice hippos, while the rhinos were ignored. Now we're faced with the wrath of the overexposed hippos, who simply grew tired of being forced to stand still for unending periods of photo time. The rhinos, conversely, just have a better PR manager now and want to get in on the act. Their turn will come, and then we'll see who's nicer after they get all those flashbulb tracers burned on their retinas. (Remind me to show you my coveted stuffed pink spotted hippo, sometime. Not that that has colored my analysis any.)