Search This Blog

Sunday, July 16, 2006

19 Sunday morning thoughts

Or, What I Did while Honey was out Riding her Bicycle

1. I'm not a good lesbian. I don't like flannel sheets. I especially don't like them in the summer. I hope Honey forgives me for the percale switch.

2. It's hot.

3. Dogs don't help with yard work in any real way, but they're nice to have around while you're doing yard work.

4. I totally now get why Honey finds trimming our bird of paradise so satisfying.

5. I don't understand why our mulberry tree wants to procreate so badly.

6. I also don't understand why Biscuit wouldn't eat asparagus, but likes to eat the mulberry leaves. They could have a conspiracy (she and the mulberry tree, that is).

7. Our pomegranate tree needs to be trimmed, badly. I want it to finish growing its fruit first.

8. I'm making our back yard sound like a verdant paradise. It's a brown patch of yuck.

9. For someone who is supposedly good at technology, my failure to get my new bicycle computer to work is damming.

10. Lesser goldfinches are pretty, too. They don't deserve the pejorative adjective.

11. Reading the paper after yard work and during laundry seems less slothful than reading it before.

12. I still feel guilty on Sunday about not going to church.

13. I don't want to go to church.

14. I just feel guilty about it.

15. Big props to my parents for that.

16. Before blogging, thoughts like these entered my brain and then never left or dissipated into brain goo.

17. It's one of the reasons I like blogging.

18. There are other reasons.

19. Happy Sunday.

13 comments:

Teresa said...

We probably expended about the same amount of energy this morning, but while you were awesomely productive at home, I was out pedaling to no real end. I mean, I had fun, but what did I do to better our lives, hmm? Nothin'.

WenWhit said...

Kudos on your morning productivity - leisurely pasttimes are better enjoyed after a little work is out of the way.

Although they may not be "useful," dogs do have a way of making activities more enjoyable.

Sporks, it's July. You live in California. Lesbian or not, it is WAY past time to put the flannel sheets away until what passes for "cold" returns to your neck of the woods.

sporksforall said...

The thing is, I don't like flannel sheets much at all, it's what makes me a bad lesbian. Scout loves them. Year round. It's what makes her a good lesbian.

Slangred said...

I'd say it's what makes her a HOT lesbian, what with triple digit temps the last week or so...

sporksforall said...

She did admit that she was hot the night before the sheet change. That said, she still has a flannel pillowcase.

sporksforall said...

It's never cold here, Wendy. Other people like that, I don't.

Suzanne said...

I don't think year round flannel sheets are the stuff of which good lesbians are made.

But in the winter, nothing beats them. Flannel sheets, that is. Nothing beats a good lesbian in any season.

sporksforall said...

Can I get an "AMEN?" Scout, are you listening? Suzanne is validating me!

Teresa said...

I've long wanted to go out for Halloween as a lesbian ghost, wearing a plaid flannel sheet, secured with a softball hat, natch, but I can't bear to cut eye holes in any of my flans.

sporksforall said...

Lord have mercy, we have flannels for a double from when we had a double. Cut holes in them.

WenWhit said...

What, no tattoos? Piercings? Carabiner clip keychains?

weese said...

i concur.
flannels for winter.
300 percale for summer.
i am a good lesbian because i have power tools.

bryduck said...

I don't get to play in this thread, do I? Unless I undergo some unwanted surgery, that is, and then I'm something else entirely, aren't I? What's a member of the oppressor class/gender/race to do?
It is hot, though . . .